Friday, January 11, 2008

Maaaaaaa

We went to our first Baby & Me yoga bellies class on Wednesday. Karen the instructor/child birth education/doula/hypnotherapist lead a wonderful prenatal yoga practice. It felt awesome and I'm sure baby enjoyed all of the movement and breathing. I loved being surrounded by all of these strong women and there bellies of various sizes. And I kept thinking how amazing it was that for each woman there, there was a little human growing inside. At the end of the class, just after meditation (my favourite part) we formed a circle around, Kelly, one of the mom's to be who was at 41(!!!) weeks and we did our final chant of 3 ma's (one for the ma's to be; one for the baby in the belly that may be a ma one day and one for all of the ma's that came before us) and then we each sent Kelly a wish. I have a feeling we all wished her the same thing - that her labour come soon, that it be quick and without complications and that mom & baby stay healthy. Namaste.

I bow to you

No comments: