Presley, as always, is amazing. She's just over ten months old and the biggest twentysome pound bundle of joy imaginable! She's such a happy little girl, an awesome person to be around. She's a great friend and a wonderful daughter. And she loves to rock....
• people... especially kids. she loses her mind with excitement if she spots one nearby.
• family... looks forward to visits with Los Tatos, Nanny & Papa and her favourite sitters - 2nd Mother & CuzKass.
• music... claps and waves her arms in the air, partying like she just don't care.
• food... (finally) eating solids. well, they're more like liquids, but we use a spoon!
• drinks... digs drinking from a cup. messy, but starting to get a hang of it.
• books... can't get enough of anything "peek-a-boo" or fun flip flaps.
• laughter... mimics anyone who laughs. it's very contagious.
• signing...milk, yum yum, sleepy, hair and book. everyday there's a new one. and some she's teaching us!
• talking... mama is her first word (!). mama can mean many, many things.
• crawling... like a hunchback - using one knee, one foot. very original!
• walking... cruising around, knocking down as much as possible. Beware Babyzilla!
• bath time... woo hooo!! splash splash splash! bring on the bubbles!
• mirrors... stands and points and smiles. She loves the girl in the mirror.
• DVD players & remote controls & cell phones... opens and closes and opens and closes the DVD player and takes the disc out. very delicately.
• gnawing & drooling... on just about anything she can get her hands on (ie remote controls & cell phones.).
• cats... even mean ones who try and scratch her eyes out.
• hugs... for/from mama and daddy and various stuffed stuffs.
Presley is not fond of...
• sleeping... unless she's very very very tired.
• no... she does not like hearing that word.
• socks... bare feet have better tread.
• blankets... she kicks them off as soon as she can.
• strollers... she can only stay in one for so long. she prefers being carried in daddy's Ergo.
• broccoli... gives her the gas. not good.
A lot of folks have been asking about her cleft palate. Surgery is scheduled for June 12. In a very strange way, we're looking forward to it. We want her to be able to drink and eat and speak without any difficulties. Her last batch of appointments at Sick Kids went very well. The dentist told us that the cleft does not go into her gum line and should not affect her teeth. Presley was quite impressed by the tooth brush and stickers she got to take home. The audiologist confirmed that she does have congestion (fluid) in her ears. The Ear, Nose & Throat Doc let us know that if the congestion continues at the time of surgery, tubes can be put in to clear the fluid. The occupational therapist gave us some tips on drinking and feeding and we were able to take home the "Pediatric Arm Immobilizers" that Presley will have to wear post surgery to protect herself from herself. (they're a hot shade of pink!) We've added them to her toys and goof around with them daily so hopefully it won't be such a shock when she has to actually wear them for longer periods. Thanks to everyone for all of the support and curiosity. It's good to know that we are not alone.
makin' mad maraca music!