Friday, November 30, 2007

Baby Beignets

and they just keep a-comin'....yesterday my über groovy boss took me and some of my favourite ladies out for a celebratory-bun-in-oven lunch. I had never been to George. What a fabulous restaurant. The artichoke soup and duck cannelloni were divine! Not to mention....dessert!

mmmm...chocolate filled baby beignets

These delectable chocolate beignets covered in cinnamon sugar came courtesy of George. Kim had brought me a little prezzie (some Body Shop butter for my belly and yummy lip gloss). I'm thinking that the gift bag triggered the waiter to ask, "Special occasion? Someone's birthday?" "Well kinda. Some time in May." It took everything out of me not to lick that congratulatory chocolate right off that plate! Thanks Michael and Kim and Jodi and Jillian, from me and the bump. xo

1 comment:

Kim said...

Congrats! I followed over from your blog, which I linked to from And She Knits Too! - I'm also due in May, May 9. So exciting to see someone around the same time as me! I'm also feeling great now (as I tell everyone I see, because everyone always asks, How do you feel?).